nuffnangers

there are some thing money can't buy

It was a very sad day for the family last week as grandma passed away at her home in Seberang Takir, Kuala Trengganu. The worst thing ever happened to me in my entire life. I can't show how much guilt and regret I have. I was supposed to go back for Chinese New Year celebration as I do it every year but for this year instead of going back to visit grandma, I choosed to work just for the sake of the triple pay as it was public holiday...Therefore I went to work as usual and my shift was from 9.30am to 2.30pm.So happily thinking about the money, I ignored the time of celebrating the joyous day with the family...

So 3 weeks after that, on Sunday morning(7th march), I received a call from daddy saying that grandma has passed away..I was holy shocked and I cried instantly reminiscing the regret of not going back to visit her..I asked daddy again whether it's a prank or real...And he said, it is real and that they're going back to Trengganu the next day (morning). They came down that night and we went back early the next morning...Heart was pouding as I still hope that they're wrong...When we reach, I took a peek at grandma's coffin and tears came swimming down my tears..I couldn't hold my tears back and with full of regret in me...We sat for a while and about 5pm we checked into the hotel..Had shower and a change of new clothes...Waiting for the Buddha priest to come...part of the tradition...When the part where we have to go round grandma's coffin, I saw daddy was crying and it made me cry too...I grew up with her and I would call her once in a while just to check on her...

The 3rd was the day where she'll be bury..So we followed the car that carries her coffin to the cemetery ground... the worst part was when seeing they closed her coffin and bury her...We were hoping that she'll bang at the coffin case to tell us that she's still alive...But no sound....I hugged daddy and cried for the last time...

I've learnt the biggest lesson ever, money is really not everything...I'll carry this regret forever...